Thursday, March 31, 2011

The beach...

Today is a beautiful day so we planned a beach day. Charlotte had other plans. She was up at 6:40 this morning... (she usually sleeps until 8:30) and she was full of energy. I was not. At about 10:00 we met our friends at the beach. When we got there and Charlotte asked for something to eat, I realized the nice cooler I had packed with lunches and snacks galore was still sitting at home on the floor. We brought the wagon to carry everything in, Charlotte enjoyed sitting in it while we waited for everyone to get there!
She was very excited once she saw Syrus and Lilly!
Lisa showed up a little while later and Charlotte was beside herself with happiness that Markus was there. She was showing off for him and kept trying to pile sand up on her back?
I am not sure if she could have gotten her body any closer to his! She is also fascinated with Baylie lately. The poor dog can't escape! Charlotte loves her to pieces but doesn't understand that "the dog can still bite you" concept!
We finally convinced Charlotte to head down to the ocean once all the other kids were down there!
She settled on chasing Joli, who just wanted to be alone!
Charlotte climbed all over the sand, fell sometimes too... but was just trying to get to Joli!

We went a bit closer to the water, but she wouldn't get her feet wet!
Then she discovered Markus was in the water and she decided to join him... only until a wave came!

Syrus made a hole and was playing in it when the kids all saw and took it over. He was not a happy camper! Charlotte decided in order to not be evicted she would sit down in it. This resulted with him splashing her with water, and her then hitting him.
He went and pouted and Charlotte and Lilly had a blast dancing and jumping in the puddle!




Lilly even was drinking the water out of it! Gross!
We came home to have lunch and so Charlotte could take a nap since she has a bit of a cold. The longer I sit here and stare at the screen the sleepier I get. There is no point in laying down though since as soon as I do I will promptly be awakened by a little voice yelling "Mama". I guess I will settle for sitting outside in the sun!

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Joli at the top of the hill and Charlotte yelling at her. It is the perfect picture to describe their relationship, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful beach day.....and it's a no-school snow day here today! xo JGrammy

    ReplyDelete