Wednesday, June 13, 2012

San Diego Fair!

 Yesterday after we picked Charlotte up from school we headed up to the fair. We originally planned on going to watch Zoey and Hayden and Charlotte's old dance class perform, but Ms. Reyna was working and it didn't work out for the twins to go. But we went anyway! Caroline was in a great mood and did so well! We weren't planning on staying all day but when we were just arriving I got a text from Abby asking me if I could watch her kids the following day (today). I mentioned we were at the fair and she responded that they were on their way up! So we hung out for longer than we planned but it was worth it. The kids had a blast! It was much better having someone to go on the rides with Charlotte besides Chris and I!
 Charlotte saw the "Peter Pan" ride and decided she had to go on it. I couldn't believe it but she really did it! There were a few times that she had a look of panic as the guy bounced her up to the sky and she said "MOMMY I WANT TO GET OFF!" but she jumped for the whole two minuted and didn't even cry!




Charlotte loved having a "cheese dog", or cheese on a stick. Chris thought it was just cheese, but apparently they had to deep fry that too...

We of course had to play some games. Charlotte wanted to play the balloon game over and over. We settled on once. 

She won a lovely purple monkey. I am so happy we have it to add to our collection!





Abby and Shane arrived as we were checking out the fake farm animals. The girls loved milking the pretend cow, especially after their cow milking experience on Friday!

We were in the area when it was time for the stick pony races. The girls lined up to race.

Charlotte of course chickened out and had to have Daddy and Caroline run with her.

 The Uncle Shane bought everyone ice cream. The kids were a little grumpy so we thought they needed a pick me up.


It worked. They hit the rides. Charlotte was much happier having someone to go on them with. I have a feeling we would have had a grumpy child had Syrus and Lilly not have come!











It was a great day! A much longer than expected day, but lots of fun!

3 comments:

  1. Makes me look forward to Deerfield Fair...and what a cute photo too of laughing Caroline! xo JGrammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one can do stick pony races better than Daddy!!!
    Love these pictures!!! They are all so great!!!
    Love, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see these babies again!!!
    Love, Mimi

    ReplyDelete