I know it has been 2 weeks since I last posted. It has been a very busy two weeks! Chris finished packing up our house in San Diego and said goodbye to our stuff, then came and met us for a little family time. We had a nice 4th of July (which I have real pictures of when I get my computer set up!) and Caroline turned 4 months old! She is a very happy baby and is becoming more mobile day by day. I put her down in one spot and the next time I look she is across the blanket.
We spent some time swimming at Amy and Jim's and visiting with the kids. Charlotte was happy to have other kids around!
The 4th of July fireworks were rescheduled in Vermont so we headed over to Colette and Jerrys and swam, then went to watch fireworks. We parked in one of the excess parking lots (we didn't bother trying the standard parking lot) and walked through a path in the woods to the field where they would be put on. We ended up with only about 6 other groups and to our surprise they were launching from right in front of us. Talk about a difference in city vs country life! Charlotte didn't like how loud they were on the 4th so we got her and Caroline some earmuffs to wear. Caroline actually enjoyed the fireworks, maybe Charlotte will more next year!
We said goodbye to Chris in the beginning of the week as he had a school to attend, but will be back soon. Our week started off on a poor note, Charlotte had another febrile seizure, this time I didn't know it was a febrile as it came on out of no where and was much more typical "seizure" than the first one where she had had a high fever for a day. We ended up with another ambulance ride and a morning in the ER. We eventually left and took her to Vermont to her new pediatrician who reassured me that it is normal? and ok and told me what to look for that is not.
The following day we came to our new house and met the movers! They were here all day and since Charlotte had an unexplainable illness (it was just a seizure and fever that lasted less than 24 hours) I didn't feel comfortable leaving her, so she was here too. Luckily Grammy drove over and took Charlotte out to lunch and to play while mom and I crossed off 400 inventory numbers and directed movers all day! Grammy stayed over and took grumpy Charlotte to the circus the following day before heading home.
Friday Colette and Jerry came to help, and yesterday Mom and Grandma and Grandpa came over! (Charlotte took her clothes off right before they got here and told me that she wanted to be naked when Dede arrived because she would think she was silly! So she greeted everyone in the nude. I guess when you live in the woods it's acceptable!)
The house is getting unpacked bit by bit and we are starting to feel more a home. It has been so wonderful having so much help from friends and family and we can't wait to show Daddy the house all set up!
Front Porch Sittin'
11 years ago























It's Wonderful!!!!! having you all closer! xo JGRammy
ReplyDeleteSo fun!! I can't wait to come visit you!!
ReplyDelete