Saturday morning we said goodbye to Grammy and Papa and headed over to gymnastics. The girls classes are back to back so it means spending two hours at the gym! Charlotte's class had some mini competitions today and she won two! One of them was balance, she won 3/5 balance events on the beam, and came in second for the other.
Mimi was working and Killian and I needed to go let Sophie out after gymnastics. I then took Killian to run some errands, which was not as fun! Grandma taught Killian to blow dandelion flowers and say "she loves me, she loves me not".
Killian and I stopped to get some fake flowers to go with our Mother's Day presents and gave Grandma hers a bit early!
Sunday morning started off rainy and cold, but by mid-day it was sunny and getting warm. I went to the store and the kids stayed at Mimi's and played in their Jammie's.
Caroline and I took a nap and when we got up we found Charlotte outside with my moms neighbors who were moving moms pond to their house. They were almost finished but found some tadpoles in the bottom that they couldn't not catch.
At first Charlotte asked to catch the tadpole with her hands, and was very squeamish, but after one or two she was a pro and holding them for all to check out!
We cleaned the water so the kids could see them better.
Then after I had a moment of weakness and considered keeping the tadpoles, we dedided the best thing would be to let them go in the stream. The kids were distracted by the neighbors trampoline and asked if they could jump, so they went over for a bit before dinner. It is now at the top of their wish list!
It was a fun weekend, but the kids were exhausted, and exhausted kids usually make gym rumor kids, which we had a few of come Monday morning!











No comments:
Post a Comment