I have been trying to wait until Charlotte is 6 months to feed her anything besides breastmilk, but she has been so interested in food, and grabbing things and putting them in her mouth, that I decided we would try to give her some food. She will be 23 weeks tomorrow, and has been nursing a lot more frequently and I just felt she was ready! We were at Amy and Jim's tonight for ChickIN Patty night and she was trying to put EVERYTHING in her mouth, so we put her in Rosie's high chair and Amy brought out a banana!

I gave half of it to her so she could grab it herself and gnaw on it. She did great! After she got down about halfway I got a little nervous she might choke on the remainder so I mashed it up and fed it to her. She ate most of it, got some on her hands and dress, but for the most part it went into her mouth! Maggie thought this was great!

MMM.... Bananas!

Chris is going to wonder what happened to his baby when he gets home!

I wasn't really prepared for a mess, but there was very little to clean up once I got her dress off her. She did really great for her first time eating!!!!

(Lisa, I promise I will get the banana out of the dress!!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment