Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Grandma Great's and Vacation!

Over the last few days we went to visit Grandma Great a couple times. The first time Charlotte and I were by ourselves, Chris hadn't arrived, and we went together on Sunday. Charlotte didn't cooperate for pictures Sunday, so here are some with her and Grandma Great from Friday. She loves Grandma's necklace.
Grandma couldn't believe all the toys Charlotte was playing with!
Aunt Dee was around and got to see Charlotte. She is starting to walk with help and it's so cute!
Yesterday Chris and I left Charlotte with Mimi and Grandma and Grandpa Great and headed up to Lake Placid to the Mirror Lake Inn for our Christmas present!
It was our first overnight alone since Charlotte was born! We had a great time. Chris got a much needed massage, and I got an 80 minute deluxe pedicure! It was wonderful. On the recommendation of the lady who was getting a pedicure next to me, we went to this Italian restaurant for dinner and it was awesome!
We came back to the hotel and went swimming! They have a beautiful rustic pool and hot tub and we were in heaven!
Chris was so excited to try out the underwater camera! (Sorry Amy, I know he has no shirt on AGAIN!)
It was a very nice and needed mini-vacation! It was the first full night's sleep I have gotten in 9 months!!! Poor Chris, I woke him up at 8 this morning to go to breakfast. I felt awesome after sleeping all the way through the night!
We walked around downtown after we checked out of the hotel and then went to the Lake Placid Lodge for lunch. We were the only two in the pub and the lodge was GORGEOUS. I didn't take any pictures but check out the website!

It was so nice to spend some time alone and be able to finally leave Charlotte. I think we only called home about 10 times!

3 comments:

  1. I miss you guys. Next time we all go together k?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too deserved that. Glad it was so much fun! Can't wait to see you all! xo JGrammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can see how relaxed and happy the two of you are in the photos. What a nice present!

    ReplyDelete