Today is Grandpa Great's 88th Birthday! I am sure over the next year we will hear several times how he is "just a youngster at only 88!". For those of you who don't know Grandpa, he is quite the character and always the entertainer. I am looking forward to Christmas when I get to hear all of his great jokes and sayings. Grandma frowns everytime he tells his version of "the night before Christmas", but I love it and can recite it now myself. Chris and I find ourselves saying "Grandpa sayings" more and more, Chris' favorite being "Damnit Dorwin", even though he isn't a Dorwin, and my favorite recently has been "Shit and two are nine". I'm almost positive people look at me funny when I say it but I just laugh to myself. So Happy Birthday Grandpa and thanks for being such a wonderful Grandfather to myself, Kelly and a Great Grandpa to Charlotte, and for always providing us with endless entertainment. We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment