Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Baby Markus has arrived!

Yesterday I had the pleasure of watching Markus William Scott come into the world. I got a phone call from Lisa at 4am, telling me to meet them at the birth center. It was so nice of her to let me sleep until then! I was to be in charge of Joli, since she needed an adult to be with her at the center. I also was the one with the camera! Lisa labored for the entire morning and about halfway through with not much progress they decided to break her water. That got things moving, but she was still not fully dialated and needed to progress faster or else she was going to need to transfer to the hospital. Luckily she had an awesome midwife who stayed calm and helped Lisa dialate to move things along. After an intense half hour, Markus was born in the water at 1:39pm. He weighed 7lb 4oz and is 19.5 inches long! He is just adorable!
Lisa is the strongest woman I know. She labored like a champ with absolutely no drugs. Apart from a few glares at Joe when he suggested she do something she didn't like, she remained calm, strong and focused. It really is a miracle watching a baby be born into the world! Lisa really lucked out with a great midwife and an awesome nurse!
Joe was awesome throughout the whole thing. He was so proud to hold his baby boy!
I got to hold the baby too...
He is already requesting no pictures!
Little piggy toes are just so cute!
After about 4 hours, Lisa and Joe went home with Markus. Lisa is doing great, but still recovering from not sleeping much and the stress of the delivery!
She is so glad to have her baby in her arms and not in her belly anymore!
Joli was there too yesterday, but was a little unsure of what to think of the whole thing. Today she was much happier being at home and holding her little brother!
Markus slept the whole time I was there!
Such a tired little baby!

It is true what they say about not taking as many pictures of your first child once the second is born. Even though Markus isn't mine, I haven't taken a single picture of poor Charlotte in two days! Pretty soon he is going to be running around with the rest of the crew so I have to soak it up while I can :)
Congratulations Lisa, Joe and Joli. Markus is one lucky baby to have such a great family!

No comments:

Post a Comment