Wednesday, August 11, 2010

San Francisco Day 3- Golden Gate Park and Painted Lady Houses!

On Saturday morning after Chris got the window fixed, we headed to Golden Gate Park. We went to Stow Lake and rented a paddle boat! Charlotte of course wore a lifejacket!
Chris pulled over so I could jump out and take some pictures of them in the paddle boat.
Charlotte was pretty much over it. She wanted to get out and run.Once I got back in the boat Charlotte was a bit happier.
We fed the ducks animal crackers and Charlotte practically jumped off the boat in excitement!
Chris wanted to get her her own life jacket so he could just carry her around by it. She thought it was hilarious.
It was time for a nap, so we put Charlotte in the stroller and she fell asleep soon after, and slept for almost 2 hours while Chris and I walked around the park.
She woke up when we got back to the car and we let her play by the lake for a bit.
Daddy and Charlotte had on somewhat matching shirts!

Chris taught her how to throw gravel into the pond. She thought it was great fun.

One of the things I wanted to do was to see the Painted Lady houses. Full house was my favorite TV show when I was little and I always thought they really lived in the house. Chris took us to Alamo Park so I could pretend the Tanner's really lived there!
Charlotte was more interested in eating goldfish and trying to figure out how to get into the playground, which was every so conveniently fenced in!
Mouth full of goldfish.
Finally Chris put her on the other side of the fence and she played in the gravel some more until a little boy took her shovel. He returned it once he was scolded but Charlotte melted, so we moved onto the swings.
My subjects weren't too cooperative for pictures in front of the houses, but I got a great one of Chris!
Chris took one of Charlotte and I too, so I would have proof of visiting!
Charlotte enjoyed smelling the flowers.
We went back to the hotel and then went to get soup in bread bowls at the Boudin Bakery for dinner. We spent our last night in San Francisco being woken up at 2:45am because the hotel fire alarm was going off. Charlotte didn't even budge, I ran and grabbed her out of the pack n play, handed her to Chris who put a pillow over her ears, and I scrambled around trying to get warm enough clothes in preparation for standing outside for long amounts of time. I was yelling at Chris the whole time to get up and get ready as he and Charlotte had since gone back to sleep. We finally evacuated the hotel and were only waiting for about 10 minutes before they told us some drunk guy stumbled in and pulled the alarm. Thanks. Good news was that they say bad things come in 3's, and we had our #3, so we were able to stay incident free the rest of the trip!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for more great photos from your trip. Just tonight, our friend Lucy was telling a friend how you take such good photos! xo JGrammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when I thought I'd seen the very best pic of Charlotte and Chris( Charlotte draped backwards over Chris as he's trying to steer the boat, with her bow in his mouth, and control Charlotte!!!)when the 2 on a bench showed up, then the pebbles into the pond....Especially love her with the flowers...great job! Oh and the one of Chris is awesome, you and CHarlotte in front of the houses....thanks for such a great job!!! Now I need to get Gma out of bed to come and see for herself!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. my baby is precious and fabuously adorable.
    Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really really like the picture of CHris and Charlotte: the one right after the stroller picture. Awesome, think that's my favorite
    ( after much studying!!!)tho I did have a hard time picking between the one on the bench, and the next one, and the one after that of them doing the pebbles....Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I would love to see those houses someday!

    ReplyDelete