Thursday afternoon we took Charlotte down to visit the ponies and to give away her binky. It was something we were dreading and prolonging and we decided since we weren't getting any sleep anyway we might as well bite the bullet and give the binkies to a baby pony. Charlotte was very excited to share her binkies. We gathered them up before school on Thursday and put them in a baggie. There were 11 total. I think she was a bit of an addict. When we got to the horse back riding place she picked out her favorite one, the purple one and got ready to give it away.

They were so nice and accommodating even though they had never had such a request before. We got to look at the horses and the baby goats before giving up the bink.



Charlotte had one last suck before we went to the baby pony who needed her binky.

Her friend Chloe was there to help.

The pony she gave her binky to was named Layla and she took the binky right out of Charlotte's hand!

That morning Chris and I had some time to kill before picking Charlotte up so I told him to drop me off at Marshalls. Charlotte had silky pony pajama pants that she absolutely loves and I just so happened to find a night gown in the same pattern! It was even on clearance for $5. Who could be without? After she gave her binkies away I quickly gave her the bag to open to see what was in it. She was so excited she wanted to put it on right away! Then she got to go on a pony ride!

She picked the white pony whose name was Ariel!


She had so much fun. After ponies we went to get ice cream, and then to Target to pick out a special prize. She was very very tired and we thought it would be easy to get her to go to sleep without the binky. We were wrong. After crying for it for an hour and a half she finally fell asleep. She woke up a few times that night crying and was up for good at 5am, which is AT LEAST two hours before normal. If Chris weren't home I would have given it back to her! I am happy to report that last night was MUCH easier. She only asked for it twice and she fell asleep without crying and slept until 8:30 this morning! Hopefully tonight will be even better!
Adios binky! Like her purple boots! xo JGrammy
ReplyDeletePoor baby!!!! Lucky Horses..... and you did a great job making it an "event" ....good work...now onto tonite!!!
ReplyDeleteLove, Mimi