Saturday we went back over to the lake house. When we arrived a boat was pulling up with Chris' best friend growing up Jimmy's family. Jimmy's sister has a little boy who is Caroline's age. They enjoyed staring at each other. Charlotte was VERY protective over her little sister. She also made sure that Caroline had all the toys and Jackson had none.

We also got to spend the afternoon with Lynsie! It was so nice to see her! The last time she saw Caroline was when she was a week old! We headed out onto the boat for a ride around the lake. Caroline was less than pleased with the lifejacket arrangement.
She perked up a bit once we got her head out from being totally squished..
It took a constant hour long bouncing and baby talk effort to keep her happy.
Charlotte saw a Mama Loon and a baby, which calmed both our fears after we saw a loon (or then it was a mystery creature) come up and dive under the water while kayaking. I went from panic to laughter when I saw Charlotte (who was ahead of me in Papa's boat) exclaim "PAPA PAPA I JUST SAW SOMETHING IN THE WATER", at the same time as I was having a mini panic attach in my own boat.
Caroline was much happier after we were lifejacket free. Charlotte loved seeing Lynsie.
Caroline was very happy!
After dinner Charlotte, Lynsie and I went out for a kayak trip to the little island to get some wild blueberries. Charlotte really wanted to bring woof woof, but I told her he might drown (or get lost in the water) so he watched from the deck.
















So fun!!! Wish we were there!
ReplyDelete