Thursday, October 22, 2009

Bates Nut Farm


Today we drove about an hour to Bates Nut Farm. They have one of the best pumpkin patches around with lots of things for the kids to do. While it isn't the same as apple orchards/pumpkin patches back east, it was pretty nice. It also was almost 90 degress which made it NOT feel like fall at all! Lilly and Charlotte hung out while Joli and Syrus went on the Pony ride.I brought Charlotte's tutu with us to take some pictures before she outgrows it and fall is over. She didn't really want to smile for the camera today... she was more interested in eating her tutu.Abby tried to get her to laugh and this is what Charlotte did...
We have been practicing standing up. A pumpkin is a great prop!
I gave up and took off the tutu and sat her in the pumpkins to take pictures instead!
A little smile...
It was very difficult to get into the middle of all the pumpkins while holding a squirmy baby...
The straw was especially enticing and Charlotte tried to put it in her mouth every chance she got!
After I took it away several times she decided to just chew on her fingers.
Charlotte was a piece of work during lunch. She refused to sit still, ate half of a GIANT avocado, tried to grab everything close to her, all while screeching with joy for most of our meal. She was very very silly.
After we ate, killed about 8 bees, and packed up, the little girls were getting sleepy, but we went on a tractor hay ride before we left!
We went to the country store before heading out and Lisa informed me that Charlotte was passed out. I would have to agree.
I carried the chubbah back to the car where she proceeded to stay asleep the whole way home. Joli was so tired she fell asleep too! Lisa and I got to drive in peace and quiet! What a concept! Here's to wishing for a chilly weekend...

2 comments:

  1. Love that tutu! Judith Grammy xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knew I could count on you for more pics!!!Good job KC..
    I love them all, the first pic with Lilly and Charlotte is so cute; typical Charlotte with her leg out, and a little smile...and the tutu on the stroller...so good, all of them. Will have to check the L/J blog for more!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete