Ok so I must confess... I was not the best mother today. I purposely took my child out in the cold without a jacket just to take a few pictures. I am so sick of taking pictures inside and the background and lighting being boring and awful, and I am equally sick of taking pictures of the same jacket and hat. (I really hope Grandma doesn't read this as I am always getting scolded for not having Charlotte dressed properly!). Charlotte hates jackets to begin with, and it is more of a battle to have her put one on for the 30 seconds that we are usually going from the car to the house than it is worth is, plus I take it off her in her carseat so it is just pointless. If it is really cold I might put one on her, or just wrap her in a blanket and carry her in. Anyway... we went outside for about 3 minutes and she was pleased at first, and wanted to see the fish pond, then I think she was more aggravated with me saying "Charlotte smile, Charlotte look over here" than she did about the temperature. Bunny came out also to endure the cold air. It wasn't windy, so what the heck. You can't catch a cold from just the cold air, in fact a little fresh air is good for you :) And then she was ready to go back inside! (Or just have Mama stop photographing her!)
When I go to school I just wear my fleece vest and leave a jacket in the car and everyone says, "Where's your jacket?! It's cold out! You're just like the kids!" And I tell them I hate to drive with my jacket on and I'm only walking outside from car to school so no big deal...so I "get it." I want shoes like Charlotte's and I think I'll start wearing a pony tail like hers with matching bows but it probably won't look as good on me. Darn! xo JGrammy
I do the same thing with Markus! I just use a blanket! I think you're a great mommy!! I had Markus and Joli on the porch half naked last month and the pictures came out awesome! Oh and no one got sick!
When I go to school I just wear my fleece vest and leave a jacket in the car and everyone says, "Where's your jacket?! It's cold out! You're just like the kids!" And I tell them I hate to drive with my jacket on and I'm only walking outside from car to school so no big deal...so I "get it." I want shoes like Charlotte's and I think I'll start wearing a pony tail like hers with matching bows but it probably won't look as good on me. Darn! xo JGrammy
ReplyDeleteI do the same thing with Markus! I just use a blanket! I think you're a great mommy!! I had Markus and Joli on the porch half naked last month and the pictures came out awesome! Oh and no one got sick!
ReplyDelete