Today for our 5th anniversary we took Charlotte bowling. I (think) I have been Candlepin bowling once before, but a long time ago and they only have it on the East Coast. It has smaller bowling balls and straight pins, so it was perfect for Charlotte! She was so excited to wear special bowling shoes and roll the ball down the lane. Sorry for the bum shot of Chris and Charlotte, but it cracks me up! (And speaking of bums, I took Charlotte to the bathroom with me tonight and she exclaimed "you have a big bum Mama". Thanks Charlotte. Oh the joys...)

The ball only rolled behind her once!

She was very proud of herself, and when the ball missed the pin she joyfully exclaimed "I missed!". What a good sport!

She did some counting of the balls too...

She sometimes interrupted mine and Chris' turns, or threw more than three balls at a time, but that was ok!


She did a great job delivering the balls to Chris and I, and she loved pressing the reset button!

Her bowling stance was cracking me up!


Chris tried to show her a different way of rolling the ball that could have been easier...

She preferred her own way, and then would stand back and watch as it slowly made its way to the pins!



We played for a half hour and then when our time ran out we decided to go get lunch. I think Charlotte was starting to get tired!

She continued to play while we packed up.

She tried new methods too!

We had so much fun and wish we had candlepin bowling in San Diego!
OMG is she funny!!!! Especially love the bum shots; and the one of her leaning against the ball thing.....Do we have that in Albany??? OR Manchester???
ReplyDelete