Monday, January 5, 2015

First Day Back

Today was the first day back in the swing of things. Surprisingly enough, Chris and Charlotte left for work/school on time! It was a New Years miracle!
Killian went down for an early nap so Caroline and I did some puzzles. She quickly graduated to the next puzzle level!
We got the crockpot ready for dinner, Chicken Noodle Soup!
Killian was super helpful today and made whatever space he was in a complete disaster. I now (on kid #3) know why they invented child locks for cabinets.
We ran to the store after Killian's nap to grab some noodles for dinner. Killian was ready to go in his new sunglasses.
Navigating through the grocery store is especially fun when you have a child hanging on the side. As if pushing a cart down the narrow aisle wasn't difficult enough!
We came home and Caroline went down for a nap. Killian refused, but then was whiny and crabby until we went to get Charlotte. Sometimes the only thing to do is put Taylor Swift videos on YouTube. He zones right out!
We picked Charlotte up and headed home so Killian could nap. Of course he fell asleep in the car, stayed asleep all the way up the stairs and into his crib where he proceeded to wake right up!
In the midst of getting dinner ready the kids escaped up to the girls room. Killian likes to rip everything off the walls while standing on their beds so I had to supervise. Caroline thought it would be a good idea to jump on her bed, even though I warned her several times it wasn't a good use. She kept off it and hit her mouth on Charlotte's bed post and her teeth went right into her lip. (She head butted me in the lip last week and I know how much it hurts for your teeth to go into your lip! I also wasn't taking photos while she was injured, I was sending Chris a consult photo. All good as long as it didn't go all the way through was his response!)

I will end with a beautiful quote from Charlotte at dinner. We were discussing why we call people Dr., Mrs., Mr., Miss., etc. She thought it was like a nickname. Then Caroline started calling me Kacie and they thought it was hysterical. 

"I like the name Connie because it's kind of like chocolates. I guess that's why grandma likes them so much."- Charlotte

1 comment:

  1. One busy day! Proud that Chris got Charlotte to school on time and Killian does look like a cool guy in his glasses and sorry Caroline did in her lip! xo, JGrammy

    ReplyDelete