Monday, March 29, 2010

Water Table!

I have been wanting Chris to make Charlotte a water/sand table for a while now, and he finally was home long enough to do it! This of course required buying a cool new tool.
I didn't want one that has pre-designated canals or tracks in it, and the ones that were just a bin were super expensive. So I went to Ikea, and bought a table for $38 and we already had two extra bins. It took a while of cutting the plastic, and Chris didn't finish until after Charlotte was in bed!
This afternoon it was warm enough out so we tried it out! She is a little short for it, and a bucket on the ground would probably be satistitying for a while longer, but the table is so cute!
She of course poured water all over herself!
And drank it!
I got her these squishy water balls that are really cool, except she liked to chew on them and they are made out of polyurethane foam and that can't be good!
So I took it away which resulted in a major meltdown, but gave her a couple washcloths instead, which she chewed on and poured on Baylie!

I honestly have no recollection as to what she was crying about... but she was kind of cute.
I eventually moved the table into the shade, and it just so happened to be next to the step. She has to be closely supervised, but it is the perfect height for her to stand and play at!

We also went to the doctors today for Charlotte's one year check-up! She weighs 21.8lbs, is 29 inches long, but her head is still in the 90th percentile!

5 comments:

  1. What a clever girl you are!!!! Love the water table...couldn't figure out exactly how CHris was gonna accomplish this...makes his new cool tool well worth the $$$
    Such cute pictures of CHarlotte

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...its always such fun to play in the water, and it never seems to be warm enuf here for very long to have it as an ongoing activity...so once again, another very good idea...even tho the bucket thing would have worked, you need to make the most of CHris' talents when he's home!!! Love again, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice water table Chris. Dad will be proud
    of your talents! I'll make sure he sees it. Looks like it's a real hit with Charlotte...xo from Arizona. JGrammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa has 2 new blogs up!!!! Did you forget your camera at the Ferry Landing?????

    Hmmmmmmmmmmm

    Know Grandma would agree!!!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete