Today I stayed in bed until 12:40. In the afternoon. And I slept. It was wonderful. Yesterday we went to the outlet mall with Lisa and Joe, and about halfway through our shopping trip I started to feel horrible. I thought it was just because I hadn't had enough water to drink, but on the way home I started to get chills and definitely had a fever. Which was confirmed once we got home. I then noticed my right breast was getting sore and was all red again. Ick. I'm so over breast infections. I got in bed when we got home and Charlotte was a champ and slept for 3 hours and then I woke her up to nurse, and we all went to bed after that. She has at least been letting me sleep and rest! She did however wake up this afternoon for a while, and we sat outside in the sun. Chris brought her hammock out and she hung out until she got fussy. Hopefully tomorrow I will feel better and we can get out of the house!
Kacie - sometimes recurring breast infections are from uneven draining from different ducts. Make sure your bra isn't putting pressure on ducts along the edges where it fits more snugly. And try to use different positions for nursing, using the football hold or leaning over from different directions while laying down as well as holding her to nurse, so that you aren't leaving parts of the breast undrained or underused. If that doesn't make sense, you can give me a call. Hope you don't mind me putting this up as a comment.
ReplyDelete