A year ago today I found out I was pregnant with Miss. Charlotte. Chris and I had planned to start trying to get pregnant 3 months before he left for deployment. We had to time it correctly or else he wouldn't be home for the birth. It was two day's after the 4th, and I had been checking for about a week with no two line success. I skipped checking for a couple day's because I thought that it was pretty much hopeless and I wasn't pregnant. On Sunday, (the 6th) I woke up around 5 am to go to the bathroom. I figured I would do the test and go back to bed, without waiting to see if two lines showed up. I woke up a couple hours later and went back in the bathroom and looked at the strip. There were two lines! I walked into the bedroom and Chris was still asleep. I told him I thought I was pregnant. He asked me why I thought that and I just held up the strip. I went and did another test because it had been a couple hours, and the instructions tell you that after 1o minutes it could be inaccurate. So I did another, and again, a very faint second line. Chris didn't want to get too excited without being sure, and thought that the strips I had might be faulty so we decided to get a digital test when we went shopping that afternoon. After picking up the digital test and coming home, I went to do the test. The directions tell you that it takes about a minute to read the results, so to be patient. About 15 seconds later, a big PREGNANT popped up on the screen and I went running to find Chris. He was still a little apprehensive about believing it, because he didn't want to get all excited and then not have it be real! I was about to call my mom when Chris said "NO, you have to wait until we go home (7 weeks later) to tell anyone, it will be a better surprise to tell them in person!". If you don't know me that well, I talk to my mom AT LEAST once a day, so not telling her was very difficult, but I kept the secret. He did allow me to call Lisa and tell her, and then later in the week when Amy emailed and was wondering what happened to Operation Conception Storm because she wanted to get rid of her maternity clothes, I had to tell. We told my dad first, when he came out to visit in San Diego, and he was happy for us, then told Chris' parents when we arrived for our vacation. Judith cried she was so excited. Chris' grandmother wasn't sure what we were showing her when we presented her with the ultrasound picture of Charlotte, and once we told her was so excited! When we finally saw my mom and told her, she was mad that we hadn't told her sooner and responded with "I was wondering why your face was breaking out!" Classic mother. I don't think she will ever let me live that one down. My poor mother found out just about last. (I was saving the best for last, don't worry you'll be the first to know when I'm having another). Grandma and Grandpa couldn't figure us out when we told them they were going to be "Great Grandparents". Grandma kept responding with "I know Im great...", and Grandma Eda picked up on the ultrasound picture right away and was thrilled to be getting another Great Grandchild! And now, a year later, we have a beautiful 4 month old baby girl!


No comments:
Post a Comment