Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It's Wednesday...

Swim Lessons! This is the second week in a row Charlotte has made it through the WHOLE class! She took a little nap this morning, and then got really angry so we drove around for about 45 minutes before class so she would sleep. She woke up when I stopped to get gas and I fed her before we went into swim! I think she is still a little apprehensive of the water and being tossed around during "The Wheels On The Bus". She has her eyes closed!
She starts to get a little crabby every now and then so lots of kisses makes it all better! She swallowed water twice and had a small panic attack. Once she realized she could breathe she was alright and continued on!
All the kids practice getting out of the pool and then they get to jump in! Charlotte just got to stand on the side for a few seconds before I put her back in the water so she wouldn't get too cold!
The instructor showed me how to hold her in the water so she can feel her buoyancy and start to understand that she can float. She was kicking her legs just like she was suppose to!
The Great-Grandmas have been asking if the water is too cold for her, and I want to assure everyone that the water is about 92 degrees all the time so the babies don't get cold! I think Charlotte is going to have trouble when she gets older swimming in an unheated pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment