Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Looney Bin!

Uncle Rodney, Aunt Karen, Kelly, and Aunt Karen's parents, Kay and Andy, came up to visit for the weekend. It is always an adventure when you add Grandma and Grandpa and my mom to the mix. Tonight we went out to dinner to one of mom's clients resturants. We frequently go there when there is a large group of us because we get the banquet room all to ourselves. They have to seclude us from the rest of the restaurant! This is why....  


Charlotte got a new stroller today. I brought home my jogging stroller but it weighs 27lbs, and is difficult to open and close and switch between cars, so I got a lightweight umbrella stroller. I love it. Grandma Great would take Charlotte for walks around the perimeter of the room we were sitting in... and then would stop and look to see if she fell asleep. She may be a baby but she is not that dumb!After Grandma Great had a Margarita, I gave her my phone to try "The Moron Test". It is an application on the iPhone to test how smart you are... it is pretty tricky but starts out easy. Of course Grandma missed the first question. Here is the first page that she messed up. She read it out loud, "Where are you right now"... and responded, "oh I'm in the SUNSHINE!". WRONG! We all had a good laugh!
Mom ordered a bottle of wine that was called "Rodney Strong!". Uncle Rodney proudly showed off his muscles!
While Aunt Karen snatched up Charlotte, Grandma made sure to give Kelly some love and tell her that she will always be her baby! Poor Kelly couldn't escape!
Charlotte was the best baby tonight! She stayed up two hours past her bedtime and only cried a bit on the way home. Ok, she screamed, but it was only because they are doing roadwork on the road and there was a HUGE bump she didn't like. She and Grandpa have a lot in common. (He yells when you go over a bump!)
We went back to Grandma and Grandpa's for desert. Kelly loved holding Charlotte but was a little concerned she might get spit up on again. 
Warning... the next picture appears to be very foul... but is in fact very funny. Mom was stretching in the hallway, and her charming brother thought it would be hilarious to let one rip right in her face! GROSS! Mom was trying to pinch his bottom but it didn't phase him in the least!
I know Grandma is going to kill me, but this is the best picture of the night! (The lid was on) This pretty much sums up our family... a bunch of wackos, but we sure know how to have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Spit-up is Charlotte's way of saying "I love you!". I love getting spit-up on!

    ReplyDelete