Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The celebrations continue...

Charlotte took a nap on Christmas day from 10:30-12 and then was up again. Despite my best efforts to get her to lay down again, she didn't and so we made a deal that she had to be a nice girl and wear her pretty outfit and let me put a headband in her hair or she needed to lay back down. She agreed and after playing in the tub for a bit we put some Moroccan Oil in her hair, blowed it dry and got her dressed!We were still opening presents well into the evening.
Charlotte is so so so good about throwing out her trash. I have to admit, she is better than I am. Yesterday she saw a wrapper I had left on the table, she picked it up (without being asked) and brought it to the garbage. I think her Daddy is sending her subliminal messages to help Mama not be a slob!
Charlotte opened her counting bears and thought they were the greatest present ever. We started by sorting colors, which she surprisingly did pretty well at, but then she decided she wanted to mix them all up and pour them from cup to cup. Later it led to stacking the cups like a tower. Definitely one of the best presents!
She opened more movies too. Same as with books, I get sick of watching the same thing over and over, and I can't wait until she is big enough to watch Disney movies! She was excited to get a new Laurie Berkner Band DVD! Her exclamations of "OOOOOOOOUUUUU" are just the cutest!
I tried really hard to get Charlotte to actually pose for a picture for me. First she screamed at me, then she just wouldn't even get back on the stool, and then I bribed her with the promise of a lollipop after we were done. She got right on the stool, but refused to smile. Oh well, I tried.
She showed me how much she didn't like me taking her picture by giving me dirty looks.
Grandma and Grandpa came over with Aunt Karen, Uncle Rodney, Kelly and Karen's parents Kay and Andy. They all came up from Long Island for Christmas! It was so nice to see them! Charlotte immediately started dragging people around the house.
While we were waiting for dinner Kelly, Karen and I played with the cameras and took some photos! They came out pretty good!

As much as Grandma hates having her picture taken, when she is outnumbered she has to go along with it. She is the reason we (Kelly, Charlotte and I) are all so spoiled. She will admit it too!
Charlotte didn't want to sit in her chair for dinner, she wanted to be on the bench between everyone causing all sorts of nonsense, and of course everyone turns into pudding when Charlotte want's something. Mom and Uncle Rodney were caught in the middle of kisses and hugs and she was so funny putting her arms around both of them and pulling them and chatting!
It was a wonderful Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment