We broke our tradition this year of going to the Italian store on Christmas Eve, since as hard as it was for me, I didn't want to eat any of the fattening cold cuts that we usually have. It wasn't too hard, but I knew if it was in the house I would give in. So we just hung out in the morning instead. Since I knew from here on out things would be pretty chaotic I let her open her presents that Grammy and Papa sent! She was thrilled with this idea!

Daddy got Mommy the same exact hat for Christmas! Now we can be twins... if she will keep it on!

Charlotte took an early nap and then we headed up to see Dad and Grandma. Charlotte enjoyed Grandpa's little Christmas tree and Grandma helped her decorate it with paperclips as hooks!


She also decorated herself with the tinsel, which kept her busy for quite some time!

Uncle Bill was there also and he had his Jack Russell Puppy, Chance. He is a wild little puppy so he stayed in his crate in between walks out in the snow. Charlotte loved him.

Charlotte was excited to open presents, but wanted to open everyone else's too!

We attempted to get a photo with Grandma in it, Dad isn't the best photographer... Just kidding Dad!

Charlotte loves playing with my phone and even knows how to unlock it and find things she wants. Her new favorite game is to make me go through all the songs on my playlist until she finds one she wants to listen to. She tells me "no...no....no" if she doesn't like it, and then I change it... oh brother.

It was much easier to take pictures when she was a baby and would actually sit still for more than 10 seconds, but we tried our best throughout the afternoon to get some nice pictures.

She saw that Grandpa had soccer cones, and she went right to work stacking them like she does at soccer tots... and all this time I thought she wasn't paying attention!

All that work will make a baby tired!

Charlotte was excited to have another kid to play with when Shane got there. They even looked like twins! They played more games with the cones... who knew they could be so fun!

Dad thought it was pretty funny too.

Charlotte cooperated long enough for Grandma to get a picture with her two Great Granddaughters!

We went back home and had dinner. Charlotte really didn't want to cooperate for photos, but we tried anyway.

I told Chris that Charlotte is a bit of a scardey cat, and I am doing the best I can without having any male influence to toss her around etc. He started quizzing me on if I toss her in the air, how frequently, how high I let her go and giving me tips on tossing her. I have to say I am doing my very best.

We sat down to eat dinner and Charlotte melted. So I brought her to bed and put her down. She went right down and I left the room and came down and ate my dinner. About a half hour later when we were serving dessert I heard a door open, I looked up and there was Charlotte standing at the balcony watching us. She got very excited when she saw we were having dessert and came down to eat some. She had almost a whole piece of Tiramisu!

No comments:
Post a Comment