Charlotte has decided she is going to be grumpy, clingy and whiny the last couple of days, unless she has my undivided attention. This meant that yesterday when I went to drop her off at Grandma and Grandpa's so I could meet Mimi for some shopping, she ended up coming with us because she was such a mess when I was leaving. (She usually says "bye" gives me a kiss and watches me leave from the window) So she spent the day with me. She was really good and even ate all her dinner! She doesn't want ANY help anymore eating and actually does a pretty good job!

She also likes to drink from a real cup. She doesn't spill, but if she happens to have the cup while she isn't at the table, she doesn't realize that when she bends over, with the cup in her hand, that the contents of the cup will spill too!

We have been trying to get back into a bedtime routine, because I think she does so much better with one. Bath, books, song, bed. Mimi finally got the drain fixed in our bathroom so she has been taking a bath in the tub the last few nights and never wants to get out! She loves that she can see herself in the metal cover of the tub and stares at herself.

We have been blow drying her hair after her bath so that she doesn't go to bed with a wet head. She used to be afraid of the blow dryer, but now she thinks it is so fun! She has been sleeping in a big girl bed for over a week now and has been doing GREAT! She doesn't move or cry when I leave the room and falls right asleep. She doesn't know that she can get out of bed if I'm not in there, so when she wakes up she will sit in her bed and play, even though she could get out! I am going to run with it...

This morning we went to Target to get toilet paper, paper towels and dog food. We left with quite a bit more. Charlotte sat in her stroller for a while, then I carried the "sleepy" baby, but when she saw the toy aisles she strangely got a second wind! Oh and she so is her fathers daughter, I see an OCD child in our future. She got the babies down off the shelf and lined them up so she could look at them...

We set out on a quest to find "Olivia" (the pig) and Charlotte was so good walking up and down the aisles. She was very loud though yelling "OLIVIA" in every row.

Then she found the movies... her new favorite is Barney. I don't know how she started watching it but there is no turning back now so I might as well embrace it. She somehow thought she was getting 3 movies... all the same too by the way!

Then she saw the Mickey coloring books. Hm... maybe Santa will bring one for her stocking!! She couldn't figure out how to carry her movies AND the book!

We had a brief meltdown when she put the movies on the checkout belt (she wouldn't give them up until then since she knows that is where you have to put things you are buying!) so I asked the lady to just put them aside. I had a 3 pack of DVD's instead, one for Christmas, one for the plane ride home, and one for her to have, since she was really good in the store. But Charlotte saw her not put them in the bag and was furious. Luckily once she calmed down I gave her the new movie and she was a very very happy girl. I put it on in the car and she started singing to "Barney". Oh joy.
She's such a big girl now!
ReplyDelete