The snow was finally right for a snowman! Charlotte has been waiting all winter to make a snowman but the snow has been so light and fluffy that she couldn't. She was so excited!
Caroline was excited also!
Killian found the water puddles and was a happy camper! He was wearing his muddy buddy suit over his snowsuit and was totally dry when he came in... Except his gloves.
Charlotte was so pleased with her snowman when they finished. She wanted to find some more stuff to add to him though.
We set off to find sticks. Charlotte found grass where the leach field is... She yelled "Grass!! How I've missed you!".
We walked down the driveway and she found some sticks.
Baylie wandered off and couldn't/didn't want to hear despite Caroline's best efforts to call her!
Chris got home while we were still outside and helped get everyone out of their wet clothes and ready for dinner!
Charlotte read a book after bath and despite getting frustrated over the word "small" she read the whole thing with only a little help!
Then there was bedtime... Caroline has been taking advantage of Chris at bedtime and during the night. She slept in her own bed all night last night, I swear it was because I stuffed pillows around her so she thought Chris was there! We told her she had to lay her head on her pillow and not Chris leg to fall asleep. (She fidgets too much and is awake for ever otherwise). She lost it and Charlotte surprisingly pulled her into her bed with her and calmed her down. She then started negotiating with me for Carolje . It went something like this:
Charlotte:"I will promise her a deal. She has to sleep on dads leg. I promise".
Mom: "no..."
Charlotte: "She wants to she does it. If you want to do something you do it. It's the same thing. It's not fair for other people."
(I start laughing, just couldn't help it!)
Charlotte continues : "it's MEAN. Stop laughing its MEAN! Mom, she's a little girl, she's three and even that you're bigger than her you have to do the same thing. You teach us. When you do something we do it. So like you get to do what you want and Caroline doesn't get to do what you want".
I could not keep a straight face. I eventually told her to lay down and go to sleep. She responded with "PLEASE! You've got to work on the pleases!". Despite the frustration of having them fool around at bedtime it was all quite amusing. They ended up quite in their own beds and asleep shortly after! They sure are something else!














Hahaha!!! What a little negotiator! You can have some of my "warm" weather. I'm so tired of sweating!
ReplyDelete