Friday, March 20, 2015

Last Ski

This morning everyone was up bright and early. Everyone was also going to school so I was a little worried with how Killian would hold up. He was fine all morning and enjoyed seeing Chris (and drawing on the steamy window) as Chris is usually gone by the time he is up. Chris took Charlotte to school and I brought Caroline and Killian. As soon as we walked in the front door Killian started screaming. Caroline of course was off playing happy as can be while I had to pry poor Killian off. He had stopped crying by the time I left and I got reports that he had a great day. He was happily playing when I went back to get them.
I swapped with Chris since it was Charlotte's last ski Friday of the season and he brought the little ones home and I went with Louise, Olivia and Charlotte up to the mountain.
Charlotte has been on the lift and the "green" run with Chris several times but has not wanted to make the leap into the green group as she was afraid of falling. I was able to pursuede her and she decided she would give Green a try.
The saw their friends while they waited and had an exciting 6 year old conversation.
Before long they were off and heading to the lift!
They also had different instructors this week who were much much better than previous weeks. I think that helped a lot as Charlotte was very comfortable going up the mountain. My phone died so I didn't get any more pictures but Charlotte did great. She didn't fall once and did an awesome job turning and stopping coming down the mountain. They did 3 runs and then it was time to head home!
Killian and Caroline didn't sleep much for Chris, which didn't surprise me too much as they seem to be so overtired on school days that they don't take long naps! Killian was outside with Chris when we got home.
Joy, Tim, Wil and Connor came over for pizzas to celebrate Chris' birthday and we had a great time. The girls of course wanted to be in charge and also loved the boys. Great!
The boys then headed over to skate once the kids were in bed! 

It was a busy yet fun Friday!

1 comment:

  1. So great Charlotte is learning to ski at her age. xo, JGrammy

    ReplyDelete